Hotels and Location
September 20, 2016
U.S. Capitol, Washington, DC
* the times and activities in the agenda may change as we organize the event. Please stay posted for updates.
* Please note we are NO LONGER using the National Press Club and the entire event is being held at the U.S. Capitol.
The USDD provides an unprecedented opportunity for corporate open innovation and venturing groups, VCs, and angels to discover, review, partner with, and fund university startups. At the same time, it raises awareness in Congress of the pivotal role that universities play in the formation of high potential startups, the creation of high-value jobs across the country, and overall national competitiveness.
7:30 am Check-in/Registration
8:00 am Opening and Startup Presentations
- The 36 companies presenting in the Startup Presentations were submitted and selected by their universities and scored by a 25-person Corporate Selection Committee
- Each company will be given 6 minutes to present in front of an audience of Global 1000/Fortune 500 companies and VCs and angels
12:00 pm Break for lunch (on your own) Meetings with Attendees
3:00 pm Demo Day Networking; Office Visits Office Visits with Senators and Representatives for Photo Session continue
- See all the universities and their companies at designated tables on Demo Day
- Startups and universities presenting and coming to the Demo Day are scheduled to do congressional office visits throughout the day
- Congressional Office Visits for universities coming to Demo Day
7:00 pm Demo Day Ends